My first award nomination. Raspberry Writing.
I am really pleased to have been nominated for the Leibster Award, many thanks goes to Lydia at My Feather Quill for her support.
So, the rules for acceptance:
1. Link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Display the award logo on your post and blog.
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself, these can be the same as the person who nominated you or it can be 10 random facts that you feel like sharing.
4. Find and nominate 10 new blogs for the award, notify them of their award and see what happens.
There is no obligation to accept the award and nominees should have less than 200 followers to be eligible. I wanted to accept as it’s a nice way to go around searching out new and interesting blogs.
I wasn’t sure what to do for my 10 random facts so in the end I decided to look back at the previous nominees and pick some good questions to ask myself.
1. Q. Name three authors who you have found inspiring?
A. It is very difficult to pick whose books and writing have been most inspiring as I have read and loved so many books. I have managed to pick three though, Terry Pratchett, George Orwell and C.S Lewis.
2. Q. What is your goal in life?
A. To write a lot (of course!), to live and experience a lot, to love everything and be happy.
3. Q. What are your 3 favourite foods?
A. I think this was originally what is your favourite food, but I couldn’t just pick one! All Chinese food; I love cooking sty fry at home and experimenting with different spices. I also have a soft spot for Italian food, so, Spaghetti Bolognese and a childhood favourite has to be sausage, beans and mash.
4. Q. Name 5 of your favourite musicians or bands?
A. Laura Marling, Kings Of Leon, Soley, Grimes and Queens of the Stone Age
5. Q. If you had a time machine, what era would go back and visit?
A. I would go back to the 40′s or the 50′s because I love the dresses that they used to wear and I have a soft spot for make do and mend.
6. Q. Where would you most like to go, on Earth?
A. I have an idea that one day I will rent a campervan and travel across America.
7. Q. Who would you most like to have a cup of tea with, anyone from history?
A. Abraham Lincoln.
8. Q. If you were reincarnated, what animal would you like to be?
A. An Ocelot because they have beautiful eyes.
9. Q. What skill or activity (that you don’t already know) would you most like to learn?
A. I would love to learn how to play the Harp.
10. Q. Where is your favourite place to write?
A. In the garden.
I have really enjoyed looking for new blogs to follow and nominate for the Leibster Award. I have come up with my 10 nominations below, they include blogs that I have already loved and been following but mostly the list consists of new people to explore. I hope you enjoy reading and nominating as much as I have.
Thief Fantasy and other Mythical Happenings
The Parasite Guy
Sarah Calwell Creative Writing Blog
The Book Trail